Our collection of paintings and works on paper is in great measure the result of the generous gifts of Mr Mack Jost AM. The collection includes works by many significant Australian artists from colonial and modern periods, along with more recent acquisitions made through the Trust in line with Jost’s collecting principals.
- Len ANNOIS, Road to Sunbury n.d., gouache on board, 46.5 x 61.4cm. Gift of Mack Jost, 1986.
- Julie FRAGAR, Bachelors’ and Spinsters’ Ball (Strategy for happiness) 2008, oil on board, 60 x 40cm. Purchased through the Horsham Art Gallery Trust Fund with the assistance of the Mack Jost Bequest, 2008.
- Rupert BUNNY, Evening in Britanny n.d., oil on canvas, 48.3 x 71.7cm. Donated through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program by Mack Jost, 1986.
- John LONGSTAFF, Portrait of my son Frank n.d., oil on canvas 170 x 112cm. Mack Jost Bequest, 2001.
- Robert DICKERSON, Redfern landscaped n.d., oil on composition board, 90 x 121cm. Donated through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program by Mack Jost, 1992.
- Ray CROOKE, The family n.d., oil on board, 44.5 x 59.5cm. Gift of Mack Jost, 1992.